Legal Services provides for a person living with HIV to address legal matters directly necessitated by the individual’s HIV status. Such services include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of Powers of Attorney and Living Wills
- Interventions necessary to ensure access to eligible benefits, including discrimination or breach of confidentiality litigation as it relates to services eligible for funding under Ryan White
- Permanency planning for an individual or family where the responsible adult is expected to pre-deceased dependent (usually a minor child) due to HIV/AIDS; includes the provision of social service counseling or legal counsel regarding
- The drafting of wills or delegating powers of attorney
- Preparation for custody options for legal dependents including stand by guardianship, joint custody or adoption.
- Criminal defense
- Class-action suits unless related to access to services eligible for funding under the Ryan White HIV/AIDS Program.
THE ATLANTA LEGAL AID SOCIETY AIDS LEGAL PROJECT
54 Ellis St, Ne
Atlanta, GA 30303